Thursday, July 06, 2006

Me? Musical? We'll See About That.

So a couple weeks ago, a buddy of mine got back from Florida after doing some work for a business friend. He had got enough money to buy a guitar, so we went out to some music stores. He's been wanting to get a one since back around December, and feels that God is leading him in that direction. Well, after about an hour at the first store, he had his own electric guitar. They didn't sell music books there, though, so that meant an extra stop.

Fine by me, I'm justing wanting to help him out.

We stopped by Willis Music and looked around. I kept browsing, just looking at the guitars, and thinking, "Ok, that's a nice one... that one too... and that one...". Well, the (unbeknownst-to-me store manager) told me to feel free to pick up and play anything or everything. I've never taken a musical class in my life and certainly haven't attempted anything since that recorder they let you use back in elementary school. Having a feeling drawing me to just let loose a little bit (my friend was over doing something else, and I found a nice place back around with a tiny bit of privacy), I picked up the first guitar I've held with an intention of playing, ever. Sure, I've strummed a bit before, but that was something my sister's then-fiance` was all about, guitar.

Well, I just felt something good, something right. I might not have any musical talent (yet), but I have a deep desire to learn to play the guitar. I could feel the ability to play from my heart and worship God, even though I didn't know what a pick-up was (not my truck...).

Since then, I've been back to the store once, and I spent that one mainly looking and playing with the acoustic guitars.

No comments: