Friday, July 14, 2006

Talking To Myself

I just picked up this new hobby. You're probably thinking "What!?". I know, I've seen and heard others talk to themselves, and I usually think the same thing "step back slowly and no one will get hurt...", but it's a simple idea that's based in Psalm 42:5

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."

It's no mystery that I can be a bear about my feelings, or be down just because, but the scripture depicts David talking to himself. He, inside, is feeling down. Whether it be because of something someone has said, or something Satan is whispering in his ear, he's just not happy. His joy is not present.

Now, what does David do? He talks to himself. "Why are thou cast down, O my soul?" is the start to a conversation. He's now ready to listen to what he's thinking, but will rationalize it out loud. He then tells himself, "hope thou in God". He is effectively preaching to himself, bringing himself up out of his depressed state.

The joy of Jesus Christ is something that I tend to not look at, simply because of the day and time in which I live, distractions aplenty and a myriad of unbelievers does not help me. But if David, who has been hated by many, can make a stand through God, surely the Lord can help me.

This is one of those nuggets of gold that the Lord has given me. I will treasure it, and I will try not to talk to myself too loudly.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I just saw your site today...I had been browsing through different blogs on here looking for something, just didn't know what. I was disgusted with some that had foul language in it and others were either political or in some language I couldn't read. Anywho, I had found one blog and enjoyed it and was asking God to bring me to a Christian blog and I found yours and I enjoyed reading about your faith in Christ. It is an encouragement to see in others. Stay blessed by God and continue to shine for him.

Oh and by the way, if you're soo bored that you wanna read some thoroughly boring poetry, stop by at my blog at http://godsgaljocelyn.blogspot.com/ or if you would like to read more about my life (which is not really interesting...its mostly venting and stuff) it's at http://blogs.anointedyouth.org/Jocelyn/
Well, I'm glad I found your blog. And before I bore you to tears, one last thing: Continue to live for God and continue to live out your faith. It's amazing.

Jocelyn said...

Since there is no "comment" thing on your recent post lol, I thought I'd type it out here. I am sooo glad to see that you updated your blog. 1108?!?!? WOW!!! I can't wait to read that post! Well, laters! God Bless!