Friday, June 09, 2006

Offended By God OR What Is Wrong With America?

A new movie coming out has earned a PG rating because it includes a man living by faith and being a good witness by simply being a good man, who honors God and seeks His will. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that hollywood doesn't like these things, but what's worse is that the reason it is getting a PG rating is due to Christian content.

You can read the story at Scripps Howard News Service about the whole thing.

I know I shouldn't be amazed, it doesn't blow me away when a film that is talking about God is a positive manner is set as a movie that parent's should advise or watch with their kids. What does bother me is really what else the article goes on to talk about, how the MPAA will not impose these guidelines on movies promoting homosexuality in a positive light. I'd much rather have a kid that learns about God without me knowing about it and might be interested in what Jesus is all about than for them to be under the impression that 2 men or women kissing (or even holding hands) is an ok thing.

The bible tells to "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

I hope to have my children founded and rooted in Jesus Christ.

No comments: