Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lackadaisical Am I

Well, after another day of stress (I tell you, I'm gonna crack soon), I've come to the conclusion (yes, I've just come to it, so save the smarmy-ness) that I need help.

After a couple of the sermons that my Pastor has taught over the past few weeks, one aptly titled "Cleanup Your Life", I decided to act on it. So I've made a list of things I need to take care of, a "Cleanup Your Life" list, if you will.

What is this list, you ask, and what does it contain?

It's a list of outstanding things in my life that need attention. From the computer I've been trying to get installed in a family's home, to a website that needs a designer (I'm not designing it, I just was lax on getting the designer informed of it, my bad), to fixing many other small problems that have just seemed to snowball. I've got an easy 30+ items on this list (mind you, a few items are like "Get splenda at Wal-Mart"), with more coming as I think of it. Like today, one item I'm gonna get completed is going to Payless, and grabbing a pair of sneakers. I've put it off for awhile, wanting sandals, hoping the wife will crack (she's tough, I tell you), but sneakers have been fine for me all my life, surely another pair can't hurt? I can always get sandals some other time, or another year.

I'm glad that Jesus is always working on me, and I'll tell you, I am not the smoothest clay in the land, but if He'll just keep working on me, it won't be so bad. After all, the pretty pots at the shops aren't raw clay from the ground, it's refined and worked by a skilled potter. He surely is a skilled potter, and I, as the pot, do not like the fire of the kiln that I seem to find myself in as of late. But it makes me better in the end, and more suitable to God, and that's what matters.

No comments: