Wednesday, August 16, 2006

God's Will be Done?

Sure is an odd thing, God's will. I mean, as people, we ask and strive for His will to be done (or we should), and yet, the journey can be agonizing. Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane brings this point across. There is a ton of stories likened unto pleasing God that is unpleasing to man. It's not what we'd do, or what we'd want. I guess that's where submitting yourself to Him comes in.

I've been praying lately for God's will to be done. I've been struggling on my current job, and have become fed up with it. I know this is the right time to be looking for a new job as that is what the Lord had informed me of nearly a year ago. So all this time, sticking with this job has been difficult.

To add some more salt to the wound, it seems as though the job I interviewed for yesterday has decided that they will continue to seek someone for the position. I felt God was in it, but you never know. I asked the church to pray, as i was, for God's will to be done. If He didn't want me to have this job, then I didn't want it. In the spirit, that's how it is. I want to please Him. But I tell you, my flesh is not happy with it. I found out earlier today about their decision, and since then, I've been craving comfort food, thinking how nice it would be to just go home and crawl into bed, and praying.

I know, it was just an interview. In fact, it was a follow-up to a successful phone interview. Apparently good enough to deem the owner's time for half of the second interview. After an hour and a half in there, I felt I did good. Apparently they were not satisfied with my personality or skills or experience, or some combination of them.

I don't know what else to say that certainly it must be God's will. The Bible tells us that "All things work for good for those that love God." Would I take the job if they offered it to me for less money? Sure would. I'd take about anything to get away from my current situation, and knowing how miserable I have been working at this position, I thought this would be my ticket out of here. Apparently God has other plans.

Am I complaining? No. I'm just sad because I didn't get what I thought was best, although it's quite possible that I got a steal of a deal, because it seems like it's God's will.

I'll take that over anything.